ARTIST STATEMENT AND
Agent for Artistic Experiences Statement
My relationship to creating the work:
REVEALING MY HEART is a lifelong quest ...
my frailties & yearnings.
Sometimes it's the color or mood...
Sometimes it's the beauty of what I see...
Sometimes it's the boldness of free spirit..
Sometimes it's capturing the touch
and feel of the visual.
And, in every painting, interior design, meeting/event,
business or marketing plan,
I yearn for others to see me ...
the experiences of my life and my own heart --
where I've been, what I've felt and what I've seen...
and I yearn to help others to reach for places
they've never thought of for their own lives.
A Missouri corporation, specializing in:
DESIGN & MARKETING: Organizational development for business and communities, including business, strategic and market planning, brochures, state-of-the-art facilitated processes to reach beyond what is seen
ELEGANT FLAIR: Introduces multiple aspects of ARTISTIC SERVICES...
MEETINGS & EVENTS, strategically designed for fun or for including robust, state-of-the-art dialogue facilitation processes which lead organizations through change, information exchange and adoption of new processes for future growth.
NEW 2009 SUN PRODUCTS: Shade sails, umbrellas, tents
• Painting Class 2007: Cleda Curtis, Still Life & Portraits
• Violin Studies (private) - Webster University 1946-1958.
AWARDS, CONTRIBUTIONS, MEMBERSHIPS
Based on EXPERIENCES... comprehensive corporate background in human resources and marketing, customer and community programs.
• A CERTIFIED MEETINGS PROFESSIONAL (CMP) who has designed programs as complicated as 1996 Summer Olympics and many other international corporate programs.
• Founded/chaired the St. Louis Hunger Coalition, unifying hunger-serving agencies in St. Louis, Missouri
• St. Louis YWCA and Interfaith Partnership boards member, as well several other organizations including Meeting Professionals International on an international and local level, and board member of Lake of the Ozarks Convention & visitors Bureau plus Lake Regional Hospital Foundation Board.
RECEIVING NUMEROUS AWARDS for Leadership, Meetings & Events, Community Service, and Art
• 1996 Citation Award for Significant Career Achievement & Community Service, Maryville University.
• 1993 St. Louis Hospitality Award for Best Special Event, (1992 PGA Evening)
• Leadership Award, Monsanto Company
• Blue Ribbon - Ozark Brush and Palette Club
• Outstanding Committee Member- Meeting Professionals International's (MPI) Ethics Task Force
• Outstanding Committee Member - MPI's Corporate Special Interest Group Council Planner of the Year - St. Louis Area Chapter of MPI (SLAMPI)
• 1994 & 1995 Nominee - MPI International Chapter Manager of the Year
• Achievement in Community Service - St. Louis Alliance.
• Attracted three major businesses to the Lake of the Ozarks - Pier 1 Imports, Outback Steakhouse and Marshall's Mega Store.
* 2005/2007: Multiple SUN SCREEN paintings (my unique invention) for boat docks & pool screens at Lake of the Ozarks.
* Three 24' x 10' scenes - Garden of Eden, the Mountains, and Bethlehem, for local church pageant.
* Sept/October, 2006: Best of Missouri Hands Juried Art Exhibit at William Woods University
* October, 2006: 8th Annual Abstraction Juried Online International Art Exhibition for one year. See at www.energygallery.com
• October 20, 2006: Energy Gallery Freestyle 2-3-d Show - Toronto and online for one year - October 2006-October 2007
* See also A Singular Creation, a one of a kind art community that provides many wonderful resources for artists such as a unique online gallery, free art opportunities newsletter, art contests and shows, art forums for critique with a user gallery and much more.
www.asingularcreation.com/Directory/art_business1.htm Thanks for looking!
• December, 2006: Invitational One-Person Exhibit at 2nd annual Feliza Nuevodad Art Exhibit at Nuevo Cafe Gallery.
• January, 2007: ArtistSites.org Virtual Community of Artist & Photographer Portfolios!
• March 1, 2007 thru February 28, 2008: Upstream People Gallery 9th Annual Faces International Online Juried Art Exhibition.
• December, 2006 thru June, 2007: The Gallery, Jefferson City, Missouri and numerous other art exhibits.
December, 2006 thru March 1, 2007: Gallery 2, Jefferson City, Missouri.
• May 11, 2007: Lake Sun Leader newspaper's - Weekend Arts & Entertainment Section C. -"Making Life a Work of Art, One Sunscreen at a Time". Click here to request a copy of the article.
• May 1, 2007 to 5/1/08: Above newspaper article resulted from juried artist selection among 67 artists showcased in the 9th Contemporary Art International Juried Online Art Exhibition. Go to www.upstreampeoplegallery.com
• September, 2007: J. J. Twig's, a restaurant entry mural of Bagnell Dam - 12ft x 7 ft.
• September, 2007: Firehouse Gallery & Studio, Webster Groves, Missouri.
• October 1, 2007 - September 30, 2008: Upstream People Gallery 9th Annual Abstraction Intl. Online Juried Art Exhibition from approximately 350 worldwide entries, for painting "All That Jazz."
• October 12, 2007: "Where the Arts Come Out to Play," Lake Sun Leader, Front Page Arts & Entertainment Section C.
• 2007: On-going appearances in the following galleries: Small Wood House, Art Frames & Interiors.
• October-December, 2007: Exhibit: The Firehouse Gallery & Studios - Webster Groves, Missouri
October-December, 2010 at The Willows Gallery, St. Louis - one-person show on 150 ft. of gallery wall space.
ORGANIZATION & AFFILIATIONS
• Greater Lake Community Foundation - Vice President
• ArtXpressions - a new art center primarily for children, Osage Beach, MO - Board Member
• Exploratory Team Leader - to investigate bringing a symphony to the Lake of the Ozarks
• National Oil & Acrylic Painters Society
• Art Saint Louis, GSLAA Greater St. Louis Art Association
• Springfield Regional Arts Council, Best of Missouri Hands - Juried Artist. See http://bestofmissourihands.com/creativedimensions.htm
• Ozark Brush & Palette Club - Membership Chair
• Lake Arts Council, Lake Area Community Orchestra
• Lake Area Strings, Lake of the Ozarks Convention & Visitors Bureau - Board Member
• Meeting Professionals International. Member and chair positions for this Meeting Professionals International global organization, including designing the "Principles of Professionalism" (Code of Ethics) for the industry, serving on and leading special interest group councils.
• Certified Women-Owned Business Enterprise #W00718 by the State of Missouri, Office of Equal Opportunity.
• Missouri Association of Community Arts Agencies
www.macaa.net/searchcardresults.php?sid=AJbCtjMIRxhPtsyscTt + enter artist search for Byington.